Highlander customs!

I mentioned in my last post that I was itching to get started on painting some 40mm Napoleonics, but have to wait until June 15th when my Son In Law drives our furniture from the UK to our new house in Spain and the Sash & Saber collection will be coming with him for safety.

This weekend our eldest daughter is coming out for a couple of weeks and it struck me that maybe she could bring a few of packs of unpainted 40mm's out with her. What's coming will be French Chasseur A Cheval, British gun and Foot artillery crew and Highlanders. I have checked the restrictions on what can be carried in hand luggage as Hannah will be travelling with hand luggage only, having left a suitcase full of stuff here previously, and I know the rules on sharp objects but feel sure that a few bags of toy soldiers can pose no threat surely? Sure, the Highlanders have sharp bayonets but are within packaging and she can just explain that they are for her Dad to paint. I don't think toy soldiers have ever been involved in serious crime so should be OK!

Any thoughts on this chaps? One has to be careful these days and customs are so understandably tight. I want to bring the 92nd Highlanders up to full strength to begin with.

Post a Comment

0 Comments