Safe arrival in Spain of the 92nd Highlanders!

Well, they made it through UK customs in my eldest Daughters hand luggage or 'carry on' and I can happily report that 4 of the Sash and Sabre 40mm Highlander centre company figures are about 50% painted already. The security officer checking the bags said " You have a lot of Jewellery in this bag?", my Daughter replied that they were actually Toy Soldiers for her Dad who paints and collects them. He laughed and apparently went through each bag of figures individually, Hannah said he appeared quite interested in them and they passed through with no problem.

These figures are bloody BIG, the horses are beautiful castings I can barely wait to paint some but I'll stick to my plan of starting by painting more 92nd Highlanders to expand the existing 12 painted figures. They are going to take time to paint so I won't be rushing them but simply enjoying working on them, maybe 4 figures per week max. I managed a few hours today, current headcount here is 3 daughters, 3 granddaughters, plus 1 wife, both son in laws back in the UK working. They have all been out viewing properties in the Gandia region (it's a long story, bit of a hitch involving water supply and dodgy septic tanks, I'll probably fill you in later), but suffice to say I have enjoyed a quiet days painting probably for the first time in weeks.

Can't share photos as my camera battery is flat and I can't find the charger, but the Highlanders are coming along. Having a quiet G&T on the terrace before they all get back.

Post a Comment

0 Comments